Sunday, October 14, 2007

The Ron Paul Money Bomb


It is not often such a large group of Americans become so impassioned with a political movement that rallies and fundraisers are spontaneously organized and various forms of small scale media are created to spread the message to the masses; all without direction from campaign headquarters. Who can forget the guy that used the roof of a New York City building to spread the message through GoogleEarth?





The rallies organized by Meetup groups throughout the country are nothing less than uncanny and the quality of the not so amateur media created by Ron Paul’s individual supporters is difficult to differentiate from the best campaign videos paid for with millions of dollars.

A recent example:





One just has to glance at the inefficient campaigns of the so-called frontrunners to witness the pathetic nature typical American presidential campaigning has become. Needless to say, like all of us I am proud to be part of this movement and gladly devote much more than money for the sake of liberty.

Which brings me to a great idea I just happened to glance upon the other day. I was skimming across a website when I read about this guy starting an email list called the Ron Paul money bomb. The plan is to get as many people as possible signed up for a mailing list and one time each week an email goes out reminding everybody to donate $25 the same day and time.

If just a small fraction of Ron Paul supporters throughout the nation agree to do this, the results will be nothing less than spectacular. To be added to the list, just email RonPaulMoneyBomb@Yahoo.com. If 20,000 people sign up, old Ronnie will be getting bumps of $500000 a week. Be ready to donate $25 a few times each month and spread this message far and wide.



Digg!

3 comments:

Joe s said...

Which means the Ron Paul web site will crash at the same time every week.

If people want to give money to Ron Paul, why don't they just give? That's what I'm doing.

I find this idea of a 'list' that you have to sign up on before you can give to Ron Paul a little disingenuous, because it occurs to me that the hidden motivation is to create an e-mail list of donors which can then be sold off the highest bidder.

Just as Mitt needs to go to the Constitution and not lawyers, Ron Paul supporters need to donate directly too.

theHyperaspist said...

You might be more successful, and make it easier to join up, if you used the pledgebank system.

1) It's more likely to get attention, and people are more likely to hit a hyperlink


2) You can submit it here, for posting.
http://www.ronpaulgraphs.com/chipin.html

But at this point, I think you might do well to help one of the other pledges or chipins (listed on link) rather than starting a new one.

Anonymous said...

Hi, my name is Jesse, I started the "Ron Paul Money Bomb" list. I read an article someone wrote accusing me of being fraudulent. That isn't the case. I'm just your average passionate Ron Paul supporter. I'm not out to spam anyone or collect e-mails for any other reason than to support Dr. Paul. The list is growing rapidly.

I think it will work quite well.

Thanks,

Jesse
NY, NY